Saturday, August 3, 2013

Living For




“If you want to identify me, ask me not where I live, or what I like to eat, or how I comb my hair, but ask me what I am living for."

What is your answer? Don't try to categorize into a million things.

What are the hand full of basics? For life? For you?

For me, what I'm living for is love, peace, and joy.

(And the ability make it sound like I'm writing a cheesy Christmas card)

But in all seriousness, it is the love for life, family, friends, myself, and others in the universe. The ability to find things to fall in love with every day. To see it in every person...even those that hurt us. To let it lift me up and push me even farther.

The joy to of seeing the light at the end of the tunnel. Of waking up to your soul mate (if even only once). Of knowing you are cherished. Of knowing that life is one hell of a ride that you refuse to get off of.

And the peace in knowing that all will be as it should. That impermanence is the only permanence, so you hold closely the moments that make up one's life. The peace that you will reunite. That you are doing your best, and that is enough. The peace that you are living.

All of this comes to mind as I head off to Cabo to marry a dear widowed friend, to one of the people she finds all three of these things in.

I'm so honored and find myself reminiscing about the amazing day Michael and my soul were soldered together for eternity.

The day and person that made me realize that all three of the things I"m living for could be rolled into one and duplicated exponentially to cover every moment for the rest of my life.

So what are you living for?

I have a feeling it's the things that are surrounding you at this very moment, in some shape or form.

1 comment:

  1. Love.

    I am living for the love I still have to give.

    Namaste

    ReplyDelete