Friday, January 18, 2013

Ch-ch-changes!

I think if I've learned one thing in the last 7 years, it's that the only constant is change.  It's one of those statements that although annoying is always true.  Change happens daily, sometimes good sometimes the not so good kind.  Today's change is of the good variety, although somewhat sad for me.  I started writing for the blog in spring of 2009; it is hard to believe it has been almost four years!  Although I still look forward to writing every other Friday and will miss it and all of you, it really is time to make room on the blog for a new voice.  I AM the old lady on the blog you know...it still amazes me that I've been on this path for over 7 years now.  Funny enough, the surprise that Daniel is gone and has been gone for so long never seems to fade.  I guess I should be used to that by now!

So it struck me that the picture I inserted above is a "fork in the road" and I'm taking a different path...however you could also possibly interpret it as "stick a fork in me, I'm done" - which makes me laugh out loud! 


In the meantime, it is my pleasure to introduce your newest Widow's Voice writer.....


Please welcome Kelley Lynn to Widow's Voice, and to Fridays in particular.  Kelley is a writer, stand-up comedian, actor, and Adjunct Professor teaching theatre and comedy courses at Adelphi University. She lives just outside NYC with the 2 kitties she and her husband Don adopted together years ago.

Kelley started her widow's journey on July 13, 2011, when her 46 year old husband suffered a sudden and massive heart attack. Just 3 months shy of their 5 year wedding anniversary, and her 40th birthday.

In Kelley's words:  Grieving is hard work. It is excruciating and exhausting. Currently, I find moments of comfort, healing, and joy in laughter, being creative, finding ways to honor my husband's life, and writing. This April, I have the huge honor of attending my first CAMP WIDOW as a presenter, with my "Grieving through Humor" Workshop. I am also in the middle of writing my first book - a brutally honest and often hilarious look at love, life, and loss.
 
I am really looking forward to getting to know Kelley through her blogs, and I can't wait to meet her in person at Camp!  The blog has been such a powerful part of my grief path.  Thanks so much to all who have come here for community, friendship, understanding.  It has been an honor to share this space with such an amazing group of people.  I'll probably drop in from time to time as a guest writer and I look forward to it.  

Goodbye for now, xo

Michelle 

10 comments:

  1. Thank you Michelle,

    Your view from the seven year mark has been an important part of my journey. Seeing you move forward in your life, parent, and integrate widowhood into who you are has been reassuring.
    Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much Michelle for everything you have shared on this blog. I remember discovering Widows Blog in April of 2010, just weeks after the sudden death of my husband. My mind racing in so many directions but most importantly, questioning my ability to be able to fight through the grief. The first article I read was the story of the you and the other Michelle arm-in-arm trying to sort through your "destroyed" lives. Ever since I have read your weekly messages with appreciation, admiration and determination! I may never meet you, but you will always hold a special place in my heart!

    Hugs, thanks and may your life always be blessed!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for your contributions, Michelle. I've read Kelly's blog before and she is hilarious! Looking forward to seeing what she shares here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for all that you have shared in your writing. I have always appreciated the growth that change brings to my life, even when it wasn't by choice.

    Much love.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My darling Henshaw. I love you, Dad.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you Michelle.
    Hope you'll still chime in once in a while!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It couldn't happen to a nicer person! Moving on! Fantastic! You deserve it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you Michelle.
    You have helped me in my grieving and I appreciate it so much.
    Peace be with you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You have inspired me more than you will ever know and I know you will still be with us in other little ways here and there. Best wishes and thanks so much.
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete