Saturday, November 24, 2012

Thanks


“Everyone has an Angel. A Guardian who watches over us. We can’t know what form they’ll take. One day, old man. Next day, little girl. But don’t let appearances fool you, they can be as fierce as any dragon. Yet they’re not here to fight our battles, but to whisper from our heart. Reminding that it’s us. It's every one of us who holds power over the world we create. You can deny angels exist, Convince ourselves they can’t be real. But they show up anyway, at strange places and at strange times. They can speak through any character we can imagine. They’ll shout through demons if they have to. Daring us, challenging us to fight.” - Unknown

Life is a consistent flux.

But if there is anything I can say I've become aware of over the past 5 years, it's the nuances, the individuals, the friends, the strangers....that have been the biggest blessing.

With Thanksgiving still on my heart, I wanted to take a minute to write about all the "angels" that have been a part of my life, most importantly, after my real life angel died.

Some have been around for longer than I can say, some for a few years, others a few months, and some for a very brief second...but each have been the reason I am here today, and for that I am eternally grateful.

They have shouted through the demons of grief, remorse, angst, and pain to help me see the silver lining in life after the most tragic of losses.

Most may not know the full extent of what they have done, nor have I probably ever expressed it at the level I should (since I'm not quite sure how to thank those that have given me the gift of laughter, smiles, and a shoulder to lean on), but I hope that what they have given me they receive back ten-fold in this life and their lives to come.

Thank you and thank you some more.

No comments:

Post a Comment