Saturday, July 7, 2012

Fear

 
Fear is not the real you that you must somehow fix or improve or overcome. Fear is a very useful signal along the path to freedom. The stronger the fear, the closer you are to what you are seeking. If you want to stay 'safe' (i.e. stuck where you are), fear tells you to stop what you are doing. But if you want to be free, fear lets you know you are on the right track, it is a signal to push ahead in the same direction, to pick up the pace. 
 
This quote really spoke volumes to me.
 
After Michael's death I believe that I had no fear.
 
My worst fear had already taken place (thought spiders and needles always linger).
 
But in relation to the quote, I've seen the "signals" in different aspects of my life that haven't allowed me to fully evolve to become all that I am meant to be.

This is the year that I am taking a stance to push through the fear that I didn't even know was there. The fear to try things that are totally foreign to me. The fear of pain. The fear of discomfort. The fear of the unknown. The fear of what a certain challenge may entail.

It's amazing, also, when you start to recognize the signal going off. The small bit of anxiety that sets in and the heat racing. The fear eating at your subconscious saying it can't be done.

But when I push through it. Walk toward the goal at hand. A sense of relief and excitment run through my veins.

I'm "picking up the pace" and it really feels great!

3 comments:

  1. Not easy making a new life.
    Nice post.
    You go girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go, Taryn! I'm with you. That fear can be intimidating until you just say, "ah, heck, go for it!" How much worse could it be than what I've already lived through?

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey you! great post, that quote needs to talk to my heart. I was just thinking yesterday how "fearless" I was after Mike died, and now I feel like I'm afraid of everything and running in circles. Deep breaths and a new perspective, thanks!

    ReplyDelete