Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Buoyancy


Buoyancy (defined) is the upward force that keeps things afloat. This force enables the object to float or at least seem lighter. "At least seem lighter..."


I was thinking about Michele's post from yesterday and this word kept sort of popping into my head. I have a number of people who help me stay afloat and I wouldn't be here (or anywhere else for that matter) without them. My long-time friends, family, co-workers, and of course my new-found widow community. There isn't enough room here to list the number of people who make things "seem lighter" for me. I have a mental image of myself in a giant mosh pit of these people, pushed up and along by the force of their love and support. I can't help but smile with that image in my head!


Some days the weight of the world came make buoyancy feel impossible - impossible for me alone maybe, but not impossible with all of the wonderful people I have in my life. I can be lighter because of them, and for them.


Happy Tuesday! - Michelle D.

1 comment:

  1. What an affirming and encouraging word picture for those who feel called to support you.
    JB

    ReplyDelete