Saturday, August 1, 2009

Road Trip





It is only when we silent the blaring sounds of our daily existence that we can finally hear the whispers of truth that life reveals to us, as it stands knocking on the doorsteps of our hearts. ~K.T. Jong


I recently ventured out on an 18 hour solo road trip. I have been on road trips and driven long hours but never to this length and by myself, so there were apprehensions. 18 hours of a task in which you have no other company but oneself can be a scary thing. Thoughts, memories, what-ifs all take full reign and can be exhausting and draining.

I hit the road mid afternoon and planned on 11 hours and then an overnight stop to conclude the other 7. I danced, listened to audiobooks, talked to myself, contemplated things and before I knew it I had arrived at my first destination.

Tired, I decided to hit the sack but found myself continuing down the road. At this point, self entertainment runs dry and you are left with nothing byt the bare bones of your being. At fist hesitant to face this being, I found myself enjoying this self- adventure. I laughed, cried, spoke to Michael and by 18 hours, smiling at all that I had done.

I had not only driven 18 hours, I had one intense session of self exploration....and I could not be any happier. As my feet touched ground I felt more in love with Michael, more in love with the person I was, and truly in love with the person I have become.




No comments:

Post a Comment